This fall, we expanding into San Mateo County to provide sustained small group tutoring to K-3rd grade students in low preforming schools. We are recruiting 50 volunteers to help tutor and mentor students at the following schools:
- Woodrow Wilson Elementary, 43 Miriam Street, Daly City
- Daniel Webster Elementary, 425 El Dorado Drive, Daly City
- Los Cerritos Elementary, 210 West Orange Avenue, South San Francisco
- Spruce Elementary, 501 Spruce Avenue, South San Francisco
- Selby Lane Elementary, 170 Selby Lane, Atherton
Additional volunteer help is needed! Experience Corps serves over 3,000 K-3rd grade children in 23 San Francisco and Alameda County public elementary schools, where more tutors and mentors are needed.
Take the Next Step!
- Click here to fill out a 2016-2017 Volunteer Application today!
- Attend an upcoming Information Session to learn more and meet ECBA staff!
We need your experience! Experience Corps, an award-winning tutoring and mentoring program, is currently seeking volunteers ages 50 and older to share their life experience to support students in literacy in grades K-3. Since 1998, this multigenerational exchange has been proven to not only boost students’ academic performance, but also to improve the health and well-being of older volunteers and build stronger communities in the process.
Volunteers are asked to commit for the rest of the school year for a minimum of four hours per week. The unique experience and talent of older volunteers is the foundation of Experience Corps, so no prior tutoring experience is necessary, and training is provided. Involves background check and other clearance, coordinated by Experience Corps.
Tell a friend 50 and older about our program. [Note: If you are having trouble accessing the application link, please email email@example.com to have an application emailed directly to you.]